Change Computer Name Windows 10: Computer name in Windows 10 plays a vital role in various options and moreover, we all wish to keep a name for our computer as per our wish. It is not a tiresome process and hence it can be done hassle-free in Windows 10. In this article, we will check out the quick steps to change your computer name in Windows 10.
- Change Computer Name in Windows 10- Quick Steps
- The alternate method to rename Computer Name in Windows 10
- Conclusion of the Article
How to Change Computer Name in Windows 10- Quick Steps:
Without any more delay, we will get into the steps directly.
- Go to This PC in Windows 10 using the shortcut Ctrl + E.
- Right-click on “This PC” window and click on Properties.
- The System window will open and you can find the basic information about your computer.
- From the left pane, click on Advanced System Settings.
- Now, switch to the Computer name tab.
- You will find the option “To rename this computer, click Change“. Click on Change.
- On the Computer name text box, type your computer name as per your wish. Finally, click on OK.
- After the changes made, it will reflect once you restart your computer. You will be provided with that information from Windows 10.
- You can choose between Restart Now or Restart Later.
- That is it. You can find the computer name changed as you set. Now, we have changed the Computer Name in Windows 10.
Rename Computer Name in Windows 10- Alternate Method:
If you have any trouble following the above method, you can use this alternate method to rename or change your Computer name in Windows 10.
- Open Windows Settings using the shortcut Win Key + I.
- Click on System.
- On the left pane, scroll down and click on About.
- Click on Rename this PC from the About window.
- Rename your PC dialog box will pop-up. You can find your current PC name there. On the text box, type the new PC name. Then, click on Next.
- Windows 10 requires a Restart to reflect the changes made to it. It is up to you to Restart Now or Restart Later.
Conclusion of the Article:
With the above article, you can now change or rename your Windows 10 PC name. Everyone wishes to have their favorite names to their devices and a Laptop or a Desktop is n exception from that. You can rename or change Windows 10 PC name with your favorite names using the above steps of the article. If you have any queries, please let us know in the comment section.
For more awesome posts, stay tuned to TecKangoo.