Storage Sense Windows 10: It is always hectic when the error “Windows running on low disk space pops out”. Windows 10 comes with an updated feature to handle this issue and that is called Storage Sense. To keep things simple, Storage Sense allows users to free up hard disk space in a more effective way. In this article, we will check out the steps to enable this feature in Windows 10 and also about configuring it as per our need.
- Enable Storage Sense in Windows 10
- Configure Storage Sense in Windows 10
- Disable Storage Sense in Windows 10
- Conclusion of the Article
Enable Storage Sense in Windows 10- Using simple steps:
Enabling Storage Sense in Windows 10 is a simple process. Kindly follow the below steps.
- Go to Windows Settings using Win Key + I.
- Then, click on System.
- Proceed with Storage which is available in the left pane.
- Finally, enable the toggle key for Storage Sense. Storage Sense is now enabled in Windows 10.
Configure Storage Sense in Windows 10:
As Storage Sense is now enabled in Windows 10, it is time that we configure it according to our needs or convenience. Let’s do that.
- Under Storage, click on Configure Storage Sense or run it now.
- Running Storage Sense– Firstly, we can specify when the Storage Sense can run in Windows 10. You can choose between every day, or week or month or only when the hard disk is running on low space.
- What to do with the Temporary files?– Nextly, it is about temporary apps. You can allow Storage Sense to automatically delete the temp files from apps that are not being used by them.
- Recycle bin validity– You can specify the time limit for a file to be in the recycle bin. Suppose, you are keeping it as 30 days, then the files in the recycle bin will automatically be deleted after the specified 30 days. You can choose between 1 day or 14 days or 30 days or 60 days or Never.
- Deleting Files from Downloads automatically– This is a sensitive option that has to be handled carefully. By default, it will be on Never status. If you specify other time limits, then the files in the Downloads folder will automatically be deleted by the Storage Sense.
- Free up space now– Finally, this option allows you to run Storage Sense manually any time that you want. Click on Clean now to start cleaning up your hard disk.
Disable or Turn off Storage Sense in Windows 10:
The following are the steps to be followed to disable Storage Sense in Windows 10.
- Open Windows Settings using the shortcut Win Key + I.
- Click on System.
- From the left pane, click on Storage.
- Turn off toggle key of Storage Sense.
- That is it. Storage Sense is now disabled in Windows 10.
Conclusion of the Article:
Storage Sense is one of the smartest options available in Windows 10. With this option, you can now use and maintain your hard disk space more effectively. If you have any queries, please let us know in the comment section.
For more awesome posts, stay tuned to TecKangaroo.
- Article Quality
- Content Depth
- Images & Explanation
- Efficiency of the Article
Visit our Homepage for more interesting articles.