Device Manager Shortcut: We all know how important the Device Manager on the Windows Operating system. There are a number of ways to open them on the Windows 10. However, it will really be better if we have a shortcut for Device Manager so that we can open it right away. In this article, we will see how to create a shortcut for Device Manager on Windows 10 Operating system using simple steps. We will also see the number of ways to open Device Manager on Windows 10.
How to Create Shortcut for Device Manager on Windows 10 OS:
The following are the steps to be followed to create a shortcut for Device Manager. The steps are really simple and explained with clear images.
- Turn on your Windows 10 Operating system.
- Right-click on the Desktop and select go to New–> Shortcut.
- Create Shortcut dialog box will appear now. Type the location as follows. Then, click Next.
- Next step is to name our shortcut. I am naming it as devmgmt(name as per your wish). Finally, Click on Finish.
- You can find the device manager shortcut created on the desktop.
- Click on that to open Device Manager on Windows 10.
Different Methods to open Device Manager on Windows 10:
There are several ways to open Device Manager on Windows 10. The following are the steps.
- Open Device Manager from This PC.
- Open Disk Manager using Run Command box.
- Create a Shortcut for Device Manager on Windows 10.(Refer to the above method)
- Open Device Manager from the Start Menu.
- Open Device Manager from Control Panel.
Open Device Manager from “This Pc”:
- Go to File Explorer using the shortcut CTRL + E and click on “This PC” that is available on the left pane.
- Right-click on “This PC” and click on Properties.
- System Window will open now. On the left pane, click on the option Device Manager and open it.
Open Disk Manager using Run Command box on Windows 10:
This is one of the alternate methods to open Disk Manager on Windows 10.
- Open Run Command box using the shortcut Win Key + R and execute devmgmt.msc. Refer to the following image.
Open Device Manager from Start Menu:
Click on the Start Menu and search for “Device Manager”. Once found, click on that to open Device Manager on Windows 10.
How to Open Device Manager from Control Panel of Windows 10:
In this section, we will see how to open Device Manager from the Control Panel of Windows 10.
- Go to Control Panel.
- If you are having Category View then change it to Large icons.
- Locate Device Manager from the list and click on that to open it.
Device Manager is one of the very important services when it comes to windows. It acts as a bridge between user and hardware and shows us the status of the hardware. It is the first point that we check in case we have any problem with the system hardware. In this article, we saw different methods to open this Device Manager on Windows 10 and also about creating a Shortcut for Device Manager on Windows 10.
If you have any doubts, please let us know in the comments below. For more such awesome posts stay tuned to TecKangaroo.
- Article Quality
- Depth of the Article
- Pictorial Representations
- Author Rating
Kindly visit our Home Page for more interesting articles.