DNS probe finished no internet can be fixed by following just the steps below. Hello there, are you stuck at a seemingly difficult problem, do not worry. We have the given steps to fix this issue as soon as possible.
When do we see DNS probe finished no internet:
When we go to google chrome, and search for any website, we will start seeing the DNS probe finished no internet error. We will face the same error no matter whichever website we visit. This problem exists in only chrome and not in other browsers. This shows that the internet connection is working fine but chrome is unable to browse the internet.
DNS probe finished no internet solved:
Below we have given the solution to this problem. There are multiple ways to solve the error. We have given the best solution to this error as the first method and the remaining section is divided into sections to the other solutions.
Method 1 to use CMD:
This is the first method to sovle the DNS probe finished no internet error. Use the following steps for it to work.
- Go to start menu and search for cmd. Press enter after seeing CMD.
- Enter the following command in CDM
- You might see the following message in the command prompt.
- Close CMD
- Go to start menu, and type CMD
- When command prompt result comes, right-click the result and select, run as administrator.
- After the command prompt window has opened, enter the following command.
- You will see the following message
- Now go ahead and restart the computer.
After restarting the computer, it is seen that the error has gone. This method will solve the issue in almost all the cases, in case if it did not solve the problem in your case, please go ahead and try the following methods.
Method 2 is is setting automatic DNS:
Usually this is a bad DNS issue. We are going to walk you through some of the possible solutions to this issue. In windows 7
- Click on Start.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Change the View to large icons.
- Now scroll down the list and click on Networks and Sharing.
- Now click on the upper left to go to change adapter settings.
- Now right click on your connection and select diagnose. Please be sure to click on only your currently used connection.
- This troubleshooting step will resolve most of the errors on its own. But in the case of unresolved problems, it will give a good error description in order for us to understand what when wrong.
- One of the examples of such a situation is,
- The above message means that the problem has not been resolved.
- But we recommend to go to chrome and see if the internet is working. If yes, the problem has been resolved by the troubleshooter.
- If the internet is still not working, we recommend you to go ahead and restart the router or the gateway.
- After doing the restart. Please open chrome again and search for the website.
- Let’s see what we can do in order to solve the DNS probe finished no internet error.
- Double click on the network adapter that is being used.
- Now click on properties
- Click on Internet Protocol Version 4
- Check the radio button that says: Obtain valid DNS server address automatically.
And so we have come to the end of the second method for dns probe finished no internet. We hope that by this part of the article, your problem has been fixed. If it is still not fixed, please go on and continue with the remaining of the methods.
Method 3 is to flush the DNS records:
This method also involves the usage of the command prompt. This method is very similar to the first method and therefore it will be easier to follow. If you find it difficult to use the command prompt, we suggest you to read carefully.
- Open the command prompt in administrative mode and enter the following command.
- You will see the following messaged displayed in the terminal.
- Enter the following command agian
- It will show the following message.
- Now restart the computer and check chrome for internet error.
We have reached the end of the third method. This method is also using command prompt but the command it is using is different. We hope that the problem has been resolved by now. If it is not resolved, please continue with the last method which will surely fix the issue.
Method 4 is to update adapter drivers:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click on System.
- Now click on Device Manager.
- Now, navigate lower the network tree and click on Network Adapters.
- Double click on the Device that you are using to connect to the internet.
- Now go to the Driver tab an then click on update Driver.
- Now click on update driver.
- Then search automatically for new driver. But if the DNS is not working, this may fail.
- But if you already have the latest driver that you browsed using someone else PC and saved in your computer, just browse and install driver.
- To download the updated driver, note down the adapter manufacturer using the device manager.
- Go to the manufacturer site and download the latest drivers.
We hope that the above issue has been solved using the Given methods. If the issue still persists please let us know in the comments below.
As we can see that the dns probe finished no internet can be a very easy issue or a very difficult issue to fix. Usually, this issues get fixed in the first method only. In case the issue does not get fixed in the first method, please follow the remaining methods to make sure that the issue is fixed. The dns probe finished no internet issues causes chrome to not to connect to the internet.
dns probe finished no internet has been fixed in four different methods in this post, and please make sure to learn them all for later use.
If you have any problem, please let us know in the comments below. If you need any explanation in textual or visual type, let us know in the comments.