0Fix dns_probe_finished_nxdomain: In this post, we will see how to fix the dns_probe_finished_nxdomain problem in the Chrome browser. This error occurs when we are trying to visit a website from a browser. To fix this issue we will have to change the DNS settings in the network. The cause of this issue is not major and therefore this issue can be solved in a matter of seconds. To fix the dns_probe_finished_nxdomain in your system, may it be Windows, Mac, Linux or Android, please follow the respective section directly if you want this to be fixed in the shortest amount of time.
If you are more curious about the dns_probe_finished_nxdomain issue please check out the full post. Also, it is advisable to do a ping test when such an issue occurs.
Fix dns_probe_finished_nxdomain in Windows10/8/7:
- Press the start button.
- Type control panel and press enter.
- Now go to Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on the Change adaptor settings provided in the left pane.
- Choose a network adaptor that you are using currently to connect to the internet.
- Right click on the network that you are using to connect to the internet and choose Properties.
- In the properties window, scroll down till you see the option Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Double click on this Option.
- Now click on Use the following DNS server address.
- Now enter the following DNS address 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168.
- Save all the settings by clicking Ok.
- Close all the windows.
We are sure that your dns_probe_finished_nxdomain error problem would be resolved by now. If still not resolved is restart the PC and try again. Hoping that the issue has been solved, we wish you, Happy browsing. For more such awesome content stay tuned to TecKangaroo.com if you have any questions feel free to ask it in the comments below. if you would like to know any step in detail please let us know that also in the comments below.
Fix dns_probe_finished_nxdomain in Mac OS X and older:
If you are facing this error in Mac please follow the steps forwarded below to resolve it.
- Click on System Preferences given in the top left corner.
- Now click on Network.
- Make sure that you are connected to the network that you are currently using in the left pane.
- Click on Advanced…
- Now click on the DNS tab.
- Click on the plus button given in the bottom can you feel the following IP address.
- No click on ok.
- Click on the Apply button.
We are sure that your dns_probe_finished_nxdomain issue in your Mac will be resolved by now. It is a fairly simple fix that does not take much time to do. If your dns_probe_finished_nxdomain still persists, please restart your computer and check again. Happy browsing.
Fix the issue dns_probe_finished_nxdomain errors in Ubuntu:
If you are facing the dns_probe_finished_nxdomain issue in an Ubuntu system, please follow the given instructions to fix the same. It is an easy fix, and anyone can do it in no time. Use the instructions below.
- Open the terminal by pressing Ctrl+Alt+t
- Use the following command
- Try to find the file with name Resolv.config.
- Now enter the following command to open the file in Nano text editor
- When the terminal prompts, Enter the password.
- Add a hashtag (#) in front of the name server to comment the line.
- Enter the new name server as shown in the figure.
- The value of the new name server
- Press ctrl + x to exit the text editor.
- Choose yes to save the changes.
- Type the below command to restart the network manager.
Step 2 to solve the DNS issue in Linux Ubuntu:
The above steps must have fixed the issue in the Ubuntu machine. But if the issues still persist, please check the following steps as a second solution.
- Open the terminal using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+t
- Enter the following command to edit dhclient.config in Nano.
- Enter the following line into the file. Supersede domain name servers 22.214.171.124;
- Now restart the network by the following command.
Sudo service network-manager restart.
- Refresh the page and the site is working.
Solve the dns_probe_finished_nxdomain issue in Android:
- Install Chrome beta and set that as your default browser.
- Restart your device because that will reset the domain name settings and that will make the browser work fine.
In the above post, we saw how to fix the dns_probe_finished_nxdomain problem in windows Mac Linux and Android. The dns_probe_finished_nxdomain is a fairly common problem and people do not know the solution to this problem that easily. This post has listed clean and simple methods for users to resolve the dns_probe_finished_nxdomain problem. if you have any doubts regarding the steps please mention them in the comments below.
Would you like to know something more about dns_probe_finished_nxdomain in detail, please let us know in the comments below as well. For more awesome posts stay tuned to TecKangaroo.