Enable DirectPlay on Windows 10: It is a Network Communication library which is an outdated API of DirectX. DirectPlay runs on Component object model interfaces. It acts as a bridge between an application(usually Games) and communication services. Windows games no longer require DirectPlay for their functioning. As DirectPlay is obsolete, it has been moved to the Legacy Components of Windows Features. In this article, we will guide you through the process of enabling DirectPlay on Windows 10 Operating system.
How to Enable DirectPlay on Windows 10- Easy Steps:
The steps are explained with images for the easy understanding of the users. Kindly follow the below steps.
- Go to Start Menu and search for Control Panel. Open Control Panel.
- Switch the Control Panel view to Category.
- Click on Programs.
- Now, proceed with “Turn Windows features on or off“.
- Windows Features dialog box will appear now.
- Locate Legacy Components and Click on the Plus Sign. Refer to the following image.
- You will find the DirectPlay. Enable it.
- Windows will search for the required files.
- Finally, it will apply the changes and complete the requested changes. Click on Close.
- DirectPlay from Legacy Components has been enabled now on Windows 10.
Conclusion of the Article:
DirectPlay is one of the Legacy components of Windows 10 which is no longer required yet some of the users are still looking for it. The above article discusses the steps involved in the process of enabling DirectPlay on Windows 10 Operating system.
If you have any doubts, please let us know in the comments below. For more such awesome posts stay tuned to TecKangaroo.
- Article Quality
- Content Depth
- Pictorial Representations
- Author Rating
Kindly visit our Home Page for more articles.