Enable DOM Storage on Browsers: In this article, we will see how to enable Dom Storage(Local and Session Storage) of the Google Chrome Web Browser and Microsoft’s Edge Web Browser. DOM Storage which is otherwise called as Web Storage is used to store Client-Side Data. The Abbreviation of DOM Storage is that Document Object Model Storage that provides functions and protocols for Web Applications to store Client-Side Data. These Local and Session Storages behaves in the same was as Session and Persistent Cookies.
- Enable Web Storage of Google Chrome on Windows 10
- Disable Web Storage of Google Chrome
- Enable Web storage of Microsoft’s Edge Web Browser
- Disable Web Storage of Microsoft Edge
- Article Conclusion
Enable DOM Storage of Google Chrome Browser on Windows 10:
The following are the steps.
- Open Google Chrome on Windows 10.
- Click on the three Vertical Dots(Vertial Ellipsis icon) that is available on the top right of the Chrome window.
- Go to Settings from the list of options available.
- Scroll down and click on the Advanced option.
- Locate Site Settings and open it.
- Select Cookies.
- Finally, enable the option Allow sites to save and Read Cookie Data. This is also the recommended option.
- However, don’t forget to turn on the “Block third-party cookies” so that it will prevent your information from getting accessed unauthorized.
Disable Web storage of Google Chrome:
The disabling process is not much different from the above steps. However, to do so, Turn off the recommended option as shown in the image below.
How to Enable DOM Storage of Microsoft’s Edge on Windows 10:
In this section, we will How to Enable DOm Storage or Web Storage on Latest Microsoft’s Edge Web Browser. The following are the steps.
- Open Microsoft Edge Web browser on Windows 10.
- Click on the three horizontal dots button that is available on the top right of the browser window. It is termed as Settings and More. You can also use the Shortcut Alt + X.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and located View Advanced Settings option under Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down on that and come to the Cookies section.
- Dropdown the list and select Block only third-party Cookies.
- That is it. Now the Web Storage is turned-on on the Microsoft Edge Web Browser.
Diable Web Storage on Microsoft Edge Web Browser:
To do so, on the Cookies menu, Select “Block all Cookies“. Refer to the following image for easy understanding.
Web Storages AKA DOM storages of a web browser are always essential as they help to load the web apps and as well as the sites more faster. However, we need to make sure that our information is not mishandled and hence it is always recommended to prohibit third-party cookies whose intention is something other than giving the best service for the user. With the above article, you are now aware of enabling and as well as disabling the Web Storage or Cookies of Google Chrome and Edge Web Browsers on Windows 10.
If you have any doubts, please let us know in the comments below. For more such awesome posts stay tuned to TecKangaroo.