Enable IIS on Windows 10: Enabling Internet Information Services on Windows 10 is really a simple process. Internet Information Services(IIS) is nothing but an extended web server that is made by Microsoft so that it can be made use along with Windows NT. Also, ASP.Net developers will be looking to enable IIS in the first place as IIS is required to host ASP.NET. IIS provides an interactive user interface that helps to set the configuration easy. In this article, we will check out the simple steps involved in the process of Enabling Internet Information Services(IIS) on Windows 10.
- Enable IIS on Windows 10– Simple Steps
- Check Internet Information Services Version
- Conclusion of the Article
How to enable IIS on Windows 10- Easy Steps:
The steps are explained with images for the easy understanding of the users. Kindly follow the below steps.
- Go to Start Menu and search for Control Panel. Open Control Panel.
- Switch the Control Panel view to Category.
- Click on Programs.
- Now, proceed with “Turn Windows features on or off“.
- Windows Features dialog box will appear now.
- Locate Internet Information Services and enable it.
- Finally, Click on OK.
- Windows will search for the required files.
- Finally, it will apply the changes and complete the requested changes. Click on Close.
- Internet Information Services(IIS) is now enabled on Windows 10.
How to Check Internet Information Services(IIS) Version on Windows 10:
Checking the IIS Version on Windows is very easy. Kindly follow the below steps.
- Open Run Command using the shortcut Win Key + R.
- Search for inetmgr.
- Internet Information Services(IIS) manager will open now.
- Click on Help.
- Go to “About Internet Information Services“.
- “About Internet Information Services manager dialog box will open now.
- You can find the version of IIS over there.
Conclusion of the Article:
Internet Information Services(IIS) on Windows 10 is one of the essential features for ASP.NET developers. The above article clearly discusses the steps involved in the process of enabling Internet Information Services(IIS) on Windows 10.
If you have any doubts, please let us know in the comments below. For more such awesome posts stay tuned to TecKangaroo.