Enable Powershell 2.0 Windows 10: Though Powershell is a product of Microsoft, it was made open-source on Agust 2016 and also, it is available for Linux, and Mac. The recent versions of Powershell have been built with .NET core. Basically, it is a configuration management framework and task automation tool or application and in this article, we will take you through the steps involved in the process of enabling the Powershell 2.0 engine on the Windows 10 operating system. Check out: What is Powershell 2020 with .NET Core?
How to Enable Powershell 2.0 on Windows 10- Easy Steps:
The following are the steps involved in enabling the Powershell 2.0 Windows Feature on windows 10. We have explained with clear images for easy understanding.
- Go to the Start and search for Control Panel and open it.
- Once the Control Panel opens, switch the Control Panel view to Category.
- Click on Programs.
- From Programs and Features, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
- Windows Features dialog box will pop-up now.
- Locate Windows Powershell 2.0 from the list and enable it by clicking on the checkbox and click on OK.
- Now, Windows will search for the required files.
- Then it will apply the necessary changes.
- Finally, click on Close as Windows completed the requested changes.
Now, the Windows Powershell 2.0 Engine is enabled on Windows 10.
How to Disable Powershell 2.0 on Windows 10:
Disabling this Windows Feature on Windows 10 is not a difficult task if you are aware of the above steps. However, for the purpose of documentation, we will explain it with the following steps.
- Go to Windows Features of Control Panel.
- On the Windows Features dialog box, locate Powershell 2.0 from the list.
- Uncheck the checkbox by clicking on it and click on OK.
- After applying all the necessary changes, Windows will disable Powershell 2.0 on Windows 10.
Conclusion of the Article:
The above article deals with the steps involved in the process of enabling and disabling the Powershell 2.0 Engine on Windows 10.
If you have any doubts, please let us know in the comments below. For more such awesome posts stay tuned to TecKangaroo.