SMB 1.0/CIFS File sharing support: SMB is Server Message Block and CIFS means Common Internet File System. They are nothing but Communication protocols that provide a secure way of accessing shared data via printers, ports, and more. Microsoft’s SMB Protocol follows NetBT and this article provides detailed steps of enabling SMB 1.0/CIFS File sharing support on Windows 10 operating system.
- Enable SMB 1.0/CIFS File sharing support Windows 10
- Disable SMB 1.0/CIFS File sharing support on Windows 10
- Conclusion of the Article
How to Enable SMB 1.0/CIFS File sharing support on Windows 10- Quick Steps:
Enabling SMB 1.0/CIFS File sharing support on Windows 10 is really a simple process. Kindly follow the below steps for understanding the process.
- Search for Control Panel on the Start menu and open Control Panel.
- On the Control Panel, switch its view to Category.
- After switching the Control Panel view to Category View, click on Programs.
- Under Programs and Features, Click on “Turn Windows features on or off“.
- Windows Features dialog box will appear now.
- From the list of features available, locate SMB 1.0/CIFS File sharing support and enable it by clicking on the checkbox and click OK.
- Now, Windows will search for the required files.
- Then, it will apply the necessary changes.
- Finally, you will be prompted to Restart your system. Kindly restart your PC right away so that the changes made will reflect.
How to Disable SMB 1.0/CIFS File sharing support on Windows 10:
Disabling this feature on Windows 10 will be much easier as we are aware of the enabling process.
- Go to Windows Features of Control Panel.
- Disable SMB 1.0/CIFS File sharing support by unchecking the checkbox.
- Finally, restart your PC so that the changes reflect.
- That is it. It is now disabled on Windows 10.
Conclusion of the Article:
The above article deals with the process of enabling and disabling SMB 1.0/CIFS File sharing support on Windows 10 which is a simple process.
If you have any doubts, please let us know in the comments below. For more such awesome posts stay tuned to TecKangaroo.
- Article Quality
- Content Depth
- Article Efficiency
Visit our Homepage for more interesting articles.