Enable TFTP Client on Windows 10: TFTP is nothing but a fault-tolerant file transfer protocol that allows users to send and receive files to and from a remote host. The abbreviation of TFTP is Trivial File Transfer Protocol. TFTP has inspired from EFTP which is also a file transfer protocol. TFTP has been added as an added services on Windows 10 and this article will guide you through the steps of enabling TFTP Client on Windows 10.
How to Enable TFTP Client on Windows 10- Easy Steps:
- Click on Start Menu and go to Control panel.
- Switch the view of the Control Panel to Category view.
- Click on Programs.
- Proceed with “Turn Windows features on or off“.
- Windows Features dialog box will appear now.
- Scroll down the list and locate TFTP Client. Enable TFTP Client.
- Windows will search for the required files.
- It will apply the changes and complete the requested changes.
- Finally, click on Close.
- TFTP Client is now enabled on your Windows 10 Operating system. You can configure and start using it.
Setting up TFTP Client:
Nowadays, TFTP is not considered as a secured protocol. Hence after enabling TFTP Client on Windows 10, you either need to turn off the Windows Firewall or you need to add exemption on Windows firewall for TFTP Client. Kindly follow the below steps.
How to Add Exception for TFTP Client on Windows Defender Firewall:
- Open Control Panel.
- Proceed with Windows Defender Firewall.
- On the left pane, you will find the option “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall“.
- Click on Change Settings.
- Then, Click on Allow another app.
- Add an app pop-up will appear now. Click on Browse.
- By default, System32 folder will open. Locate TFTP from System32 folder and click on Open.
- Finally, Add the app. Add
- You can now find the app added. Enable both Private and Public.
- Finally, Click on OK
- Now, we have added Trivial File Transfer Protocol(TFTP) to the exception list of Windows Defender Firewall.
Conclusion of the Article:
With the updated technologies, security layers, and threats, TFTP Client is no more a secured way. However, TFTP can be configured and used if one is well aware of all the process of TFTP. With the above article, you can now enable TFTP Client and start using it on Windows 10.
If you have any doubts, please let us know in the comments below. For more such awesome posts stay tuned to TecKangaroo.