Windows Identity Foundation(WIF) 3.5 on Windows 10: This article will guide you through the process of enabling the Windows Identity Foundation 3.5 on Windows 10 operating system using different methods. Windows Identity Foundation 3.5 shortly called as WIF is a software framework developed by Microsoft for creating identity and access management applications. Their applications mostly used for Information Technology Security and Data Management and follow a set of protocols in controlling information about users on the system. WIF can be enabled using either PowerShell or Windows Features of Control panel. Check out: Enable IIS on Windows 10
Enable Windows Identity Foundation 3.5 on Windows 10- Using Powershell:
- Open Powershell from the Start menu.
- Execute the following command on the terminal to enable the Identity Foundation 3.5 on Windows 10. The command is on the highlighted box.
How to Enable Windows Identity Foundation 3.5 on Windows 10 OS:
The following are the steps involved in the process of enabling Windows Identity Foundation 3.5 on the Windows 10 operating system.
- Go to the Start menu and open the Control panel.
- Switch the control panel view to Category.
- Click on Programs.
- Under Programs and Features, click Turn Windows features on or off.
- Windows Features dialog box will appear.
- Locate Windows Identity Foundation 3.5 from the list and enable it. Click OK.
- Now, windows will search for the required files.
- Windows will now apply all the changes.
- Finally, the process is complete. You can click on Close.
Conclusion of the Article:
WIF is essential for creating identity-aware applications. Though there are a number of ways to enable Windows Identity Foundation 3.5 on Windows 10, Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.5 users can now access WIF as it is added in the package itself. Hence the above article provides three different ways to enable and access WIF 3.5 on Windows 10 operating system.
If you have any doubts, please let us know in the comments below. For more such awesome posts stay tuned to TecKangaroo.