Windows ITIFF Filter is nothing but a plugin that helps Search engines to handle Tagged Image File Format documents. The working of TIFF is based on Optical Character Recognition in which light optics are used to detect texts from the given TIFF images. These TIFF images cannot be handled by normal Desktop applications. In this article, we will check out the steps involved in the process of enabling Windows TIFF IFilter on Windows 10 and also disabling it.
- Enable Windows ITIFF IFilter on Windows 10
- Disable Windows ITIFF IFilter on Windows 10
- Article Conclusion
How to Enable Windows ITIFF IFilter on Windows 10- Easy Steps:
The following are the steps to be followed to enable this Windows Feature on Windows 10 operating system.
- Go to Control Panel via Start.
- Switch the Control Panel view to Category View.
- Click on Programs.
- From Programs and Features, Turn Windows features on or off.
- From the Windows Features dialog box that appears, locate Windows ITIFF IFilter from the list and enable it by click on the checkbox and then click on OK.
- Windows will search for the required files.
- Then, it will apply the necessary changes.
- Finally, you will be prompted to Restart your system so that the changes made will reflect.
After the restart, Enabling TIFF IFilter on Windows 10 is completely done.
Disable Windows ITIFF IFilter on Windows 10:
The following are the steps to disable TIFF IFilter on Windows 10.
- Go to Windows Features via Control Panel.
- Locate Windows ITIFF IFilter from the list and disable it by unchecking the checkbox.
- Finally, after applying the necessary changes, you can restart your PC.
- Now, Windows ITIFF IFilter is disabled on Windows 10.
TIFF images are generally used by Photographers and Graphic artists. However, normal image handling applications cannot handle these file formats and hence with Windows TIFF IFilter enabled on Windows 10, it is now possible to handle these file formats.
If you have any doubts, please let us know in the comments below. For more such awesome posts stay tuned to TecKangaroo.
- Article Quality
- Content Depth
- Efficiency of the Article
Visit our Homepage for more interesting articles.