How to fix ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED in Chrome:
ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED is thrown in Google Chrome when it is denied to connect to the internet through the computer’s network. To make sure that this problem is only in Chrome, try to access the internet using other software. If this problem is not prevalent in the other software, then we can confirm that the problem is only in Chrome.
There are many reasons due to which this error can happen. Below are some of the best methods to solve this problem. The cause of the problem is also mentioned in the corresponding section as well. Please read carefully to understand and fix ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED error.
Clear Browsing History:
The first method to fix this issue is to clear the browsing history of the browser. To clear the browsing history, please follow the given steps.
- Press Ctrl+h in Chrome to open browsing history.
- Click the link that says, Clear browsing data.
- Select the All time in the time range dropdown given in the image.
- Check the following options: Browsing History, Download History, Cookies and other site and plugin data, Cached Image and files, Autofill form data and Passwords.
- Click on Clear data.
- Close the browser and restart the PC.
Reset Google Chrome.
If the previously given method does not fix the ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED error. Use the following methods to reset Google Chrome. Resetting Google Chrome will bring Chrome back to factory settings. This is the recommended option when the Chrome extensions have their settings changed without the knowledge of the user. Resetting Chrome will not delete the saved passwords or alter it in any way.
Now that being said, let us go ahead and reset Chrome.
- Launch Chrome and click on the options button given in the image below.
- Click on settings.
- In the top search bar, search for reset.
- Scroll to the bottom until you find the options for Restore settings for their original default.
- Click on Reset settings to continue in the pop-up window.
Temporarily disable the Anti Virus and Firewall:
Anti Virus is supposed to prevent any malicious activity that can happen in the background. If it suspects that something is wrong with Chrome, there is a good chance that it will prevent chrome from connecting to the internet. To check for such false positive alarm, try disabling Anti Virus and try again.
- Press Winkey + i to go to settings.
- Search for Virus and Threat protection.
- Choose the option from the dropdown.
- Now click on Manage settings.
- Disable Real-time protection, Cloud-delivered protection and automatic sample submission.
- Restart the PC and try again in Chrome.
Hopefully, this has fixed the problem, but if it fails to fix the problem. Please try disabling the Firewall. But do remember to turn them on after the work is over. Disabling the firewall and windows defender will leave the computer vulnerable to attacks. We recommend them turned on as soon as possible.
Now that we have tried disabling the anti-virus, we are still left with trying disabling the Firewall. To disable the Firewall, please follow the given steps.
- Press the start button and type Settings.
- In the search bar of Settings, search for Firewall.
- Select the Windows defender firewall shown in the image from the dropdown.
- Select Turn Windows defender firewall on or off from the left pane.
- Select Turn off windows defender firewall on a public and private network.
This will disable the firewall. We do not recommend leaving the firewall disabled for a long time. But check if Chrome is still throwing the ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED error or not.
Disable the Proxy:
Proxy is used as a middle server between the client and the actual server. Proxies are enabled in organizations for protecting the employees from malicious sites. But if the organization fails to configure the proxy correctly it can cause the ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED error in Chrome.
Follow the given steps to disable the proxy in the computer.
- Press WinKey+r to open the Run dialogue box.
- Enter inetcpl.cpl in the dialogue box.
- Now go to the Connections tab.
- Go to Lan settings.
- Uncheck the checkbox provided in the image below.
- Click on Ok and reboot the pc.
Disable the third party extensions:
Some extensions might be causing unnecessary or malicious traffic and the firewall might block chrome due to this. This will cause the ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED problem in the browser. To stop this error it is recommended to disable all the unnecessary
- Click on the options provided in the top right corner of Chrome.
- Click on More tools.
- Click on Extensions.
- Now delete the unnecessary extensions.
Delete the Chrome User Profile:
- Launch the Run dialogue box using WinKey+r.
- Enter the path given in the note into the dialogue box and press enter.
- This will open the folder into the file explorer.
- Now right click Default and delete the folder.
After doing this, restart the computer and check if the error still persists.
err network access denied is a very common problem and the reason is that it can happen easily. But the good news is that it can also be rectified fairly easily. err_network_access_denied also known as the error network access denied can be solved using the above provided various methods. The above provided various methods of for windows and if you want to fix that in any other platform. Please let us know in the comments below.
Tec Kangaroo is here to provide the latest and the best content on the internet.