Folder options Windows 10: The term may seem very simple and easy and it is really easy to access and work with the Folder options on Windows 10. There are a number of options available on Folder options of Windows 10 that you can configure and apply for all the folders. For example, you can specify whether you want to show the hidden files or not, the default folder icon for all the folders and a lot more. More options are possible with the folder options and in this article, we will see how to access Folder options on Windows 10 Operating systems and also about the options available on the Folder options.
How to Access Folder options on Windows 10:
There are a number of ways to open this on the Windows Operating system. Folder options are located on the File Explorer. It can be opened using any of the following ways.
- Using the Shortcut key combination of CTRL + E.
- Go to Start Menu and Search for File Explorer.
- Clicking on the File Explorer that is pinned to the Task Manager(By default).
Getting Started with Folder Options on Windows 10:
Now that we know how to open the folder Options, it is time to surf through it and get to know about the options available on it.
Show or Hide Hidden files, folders, drives on your Computer:
- Open the Folder Options from File Explorer.
- Go to the View tab and locate “Hidden files and folders” and click on that. You will find the radio button to choose whether to show or hide the hidden files, folder, and drives. Choose accordingly.
How to Clear File Explorer History and Searches:
Kindly follow the below steps to get to know about clearing File Explorer history from your computer.
- Open Folder Options from File Explorer.
- Under the General tab, on the Privacy menu, you will find the option “Clear” to clear the File Explorer history.
Configure your Open File Explorer to option(Assign CTRL + E shortcut to open This PC):
This is an interesting option which most of the Windows users would have been missed after the arrival of Windows 10. On the earlier Windows operating systems, the shortcut CTRL + E is used to open My Computer, which currently opens File Explorer on Windows 10 by default. There is a way to use the same CTRL + E shortcut to open This PC(My Computer in earlier versions) on Windows 10. Here are the steps.
- Go to Folder Options.
- Under the General tab, you will find the option “Open File Explorer to:“. The dropdown on that and choose the option This PC and click Apply.
- Now try the shortcut CTRL + E. You can find This PC opening as the response to your input.
Other options available on Folder Options on Windows 10:
- You can specify whether to open each folder on the same window or new window under the General tab.
- Specify whether single click or double click is required to open a Folder under the General tab.
- you can choose when to show the Folder icons, and Thumbnails under the View tab.
- You can also specify including system directories, compressed files, and more while searching on non-indexed locations under the Search tab.
With the above article, we are now well aware of using Folder Options on Windows 10 and the methods of accessing it on the Windows 10 Operating system and clearing the File Explorer history and most importantly, assigning CTRL + E to This PC.
If you have any doubts, please let us know in the comments below. For more such awesome posts stay tuned to TecKangaroo.
- Article Quality
- Content Depth
- Pictorial Representations
- Efficiency of the Article
- Author Rating
Kindly visit our Home Page for more interesting articles on Windows.