How to disable iOS internet information service: In this post, we are going to see how to disable IIS. Internet Information Service is needed for hosting websites in Microsoft Windows Operating System. This is a windows feature that can be optionally enabled. Sometimes IIS is enabled and not used. In such a case, the users can disable IIS using the simple 10 steps given below.
People also search for:
How to disable IIS windows in 10 easy steps:
- Press the start button.
- Type control panel and press enter.
- Click on view and choose Large Icons as shown in the image.
- Select Programs and Features option as shown in the image.
- Select Turn on Windows Features On or Off option.
- Here you will see the Internet Information Service Checkbox.
- Uncheck the Internet Information Service Check-box.
- Click on Ok.
- Start applying the settings.
- Restart the computer.
Check IIS in Windows:
- Press the start button and search for inetmgr.
- You will not get any results because IIS has been disabled.
In this post, we learned how to disable IIS. IIS is a web server made by Microsoft which is used for hosting ASP.NET applications. But it might not be necessary for all the users. If the users want to disable the IIS they can follow the above steps and easily disable IIS.
If you want to know how to disable other Window Features, please let us know in the comments below.
If you want more awesome posts on Windows, please stay tuned to TecKangaroo.