Offline Maps Windows 10: In day-to-day life, online maps have become an essential one particularly on our travel from home to office and to other places. However, we may not be sure that we will be getting a good internet connection everywhere so that we can use the online maps and get the required route or other related information. In Windows 10, it is possible to download offline maps that do not require any internet connection once downloaded which can be life-saving. In this article, we will check out this Offline Map Feature in Windows 10 and get to know how to add them to Windows 10.
- How to Download Offline Maps in Windows 10– Simple Steps
- Delete Offline Maps from Windows 10
- Specify the Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10
- Enable Auto-update of offline maps in Windows 10
- Conclusion of the Article
Download Offline Maps in Windows 10 using Simple Steps:
Let us get into the steps directly. We have explained each step with clear images for the easy understanding of the users. The version of Windows 10 used here is Home. However, the steps remain the same for the other versions of Windows 10.
- Go to Windows Settings using the shortcut Win Key + I.
- Click on Apps.
- Nextly, from the left pane, click on Offline maps.
- Click on the plus symbol of Download maps.
- Now, you have to choose the continent. I am proceeding with North and Central America.
- The next step is to choose a country. I am selecting the USA.
- Finally, we have to choose the region. For example, Washington, California, Nevada, etc.
- Once you specify the region, the map of that region will start to download. The download will take time and hence please wait until the download is complete.
- Once the download is complete, then that region’s offline map is now added to the Maps application of Windows 10 which you can use without an internet connection.
- For adding more regions, kindly follow the above steps.
Delete Offline Maps from Windows 10:
Suppose you don’t want a region’s map that you have downloaded earlier, then you can delete that particular region using the following steps.
- Go to Windows Settings.
- Then to Apps.
- Then to Offline Maps.
- You can find the offline maps downloaded. Click on that. You will now find the option “Delete“. Click on that to delete that particular region’s offline map.
- If you wish to delete all the offline maps that you have downloaded, then click on Delete all maps.
Specify the Storage Location for Offline Maps in Windows 10:
- On the Offline maps, you can find a section named Storage Location.
- Using that option, you can specify which local disk you want to store your offline maps.
Enable Auto-update of offline maps in Windows 10:
Maps always get updates. Hence updating them is very essential and leaving that process to the auto-update is really smart thinking. However, the offline map size may increase during every update and also updating maps will consume more amount of data and hence users are advised to choose accordingly.
- On the Offline maps, scroll down and come to “Map Updates“.
- Toggle Automatically update maps on.
- That is it. Now, maps will be automatically updated on non-metered connections.
Conclusion of the Article:
The above article provides detailed information on Offline Maps in Windows 10 and provides detailed steps to download offline maps in Windows 10 and also about managing them in Windows 10. If you have any queries with the above article, please let us know in the comment section.
For more awesome posts, stay tuned to TecKangaroo.