How to install Windows 10 apps using PowerShell?
In this post, we are going to see how to install Windows 10 apps using Powershell. Windows 10 apps are very secure and so Microsoft allows the users to install it through the store only.
This might cause minor inconvenience for users who do not have a good internet connection and would like to have the ability to install the software from a setup file. This can be achieved using Add-AppPackage command in PowerShell.
People also search for:
The store file is available in .appxbundle format. We have the latest .appxbundle package of a sample application in our hard drive as shown in the figure.
We will go ahead and install this app using the below steps. Please follow along the below steps to install your app of choice.
10 steps to install Windows 10 Apps Using PowerShell :
- Press the start button and enter settings and press enter.
- In settings, go to Update & Security.
- Near the bottom, you will see For developers settings, click and open it.
- In the menu shown below, choose Developer mode.
- Choose Yes in the pop-up.
- Restart the computer.
- Run PowerShell with administrator privileges.
- Enter the following command. Do not forget to replace the path with your full path of the .appx package.
- Now press enter.
- This will install the .appx package.
The above steps will install the .appx package.
Here we learned how to install a .appxbundle file in Windows 10. We learned how to install an app using PowerShell. Windows 10 is a secure operating system that prevents the installation of software outside the Windows Store. But we are able to install the Software using a PowerShell command.
If you have any doubts or questions, please let us know in the comments below. For more awesome posts, stay tuned to TecKangaroo.