Link Phone to Windows 10: With Windows 10 and your Android/iPhone mobiles, you can now establish a link between them. Why link your phone to Windows 10 and what is the advantage of linking phone to windows 10 and how to do that are the most important questions hovering in the minds of the users. In this article, we will find the answers to the above questions and also check out steps involved in the process of Linking your Android/ iPhone to your Windows 10 operating system.
- Why Link your Phone to Windows 10?
- Advantages of Linking Phone to Windows 10
- Link your Android phone to Windows 10– Detailed steps
- Link your iPhone to Windows 10
- Unlink Android & iPhones from Windows 10
- Conclusion of the Article
Why link your Phone to Windows 10?
If you have an Android or iPhone, then you can link them to your Windows 10. There are a lot of advantages. Firstly, your phone and PC will be synced always and that means you will not miss out on any notifications of your phone and also you don’t need to take out your phone every time to check for the notifications. They will appear right on your PC screen. Other than this, Linking your Android or iPhone to Windows 10 comes with a lot of loaded features.
Advantages of linking Phone to Windows 10:
- Import Photos/Videos: You can now transfer your Images/Videos of your Phone right away from PC without connecting any cable or using any file transfer applications.
- Never miss a Notification: When your Phone and PC are linked, then you can check out all the messages of your phone from your PC or Laptop itself and hence you don’t need to look out for your phone every time it beeps.
- Find my Device(Anti-Theft): You can always keep a track of your phone by having the track its location in the real world and this feature will be helpful if you lose your phone.
- Show Notification Banners: Whenever there is a notification banner on your phone, you will be updated the same on your PC and hence it is not just the Text Messages that you will be notified off.
- Link Android & iPhone: Link Phone to Windows 10 is available for both Android and iPhone users.
How to Link Android/iPhone to Windows 10- Detailed Steps:
Let us go through the steps involved in this process. We will cover both Android and iPhone linking to Windows 10 in this section.
Link your Android Smartphone to Windows 10:
- Open All Settings(Windows Settings) using the shortcut Win Key + I.
- Click on Phone.
- Now, click on Add a phone.
- “Linking Phone to Windows 10” windows will now appear.
- On the next step, you have to choose the platform. Choose Android and then click on Continue.
- Enter your active mobile number and click on Send. Microsoft will send a message to your mobile number containing the download link of the Phone Companion app that is essential to link your phone to your PC.
- Link your Device using Mobile Number. You will be receiving a text message to your mobile number containing the download link of “Your phone Companion app” from Microsoft.
Text Message from Microsoft
- Click on the link to download and install Your Phone Companion app from Google Play.
- After the installation of the app, open it and scan the QR Code that is showing on your Windows 10.
- Your Phone will now be successfully linked to your PC.
- In the meantime, You have to configure your App Permissions.
- Finally, Go to Settings and then to Sync over mobile data and enable it.
- That is it. Now, your phone is synced with Windows 10 and you access your media files and get notifications of your phone from your Windows itself.
Link your iPhone to Windows 10 PC/Laptop:
Linking the iPhone to Windows 10 is totally different.
- Go to Windows Settings using the shortcut Win Key + I.
- Click on Phone.
- Now, click on Add phone.
- Choose your platform. In this case, it is the iPhone.
- Enter your active mobile number and click on send to allow Microsoft to send you the download link of Microsoft Edge Browser from the App Store.
- Now, Microsoft will send a text message to your iPhone.
- Download and Install Edge Browser on your iPhone.
- Then Sign in with your registered Microsoft Email id.
- Once you are done with that, then you can find your phone automatically linked to your PC.
How to Unlink added Phones(Android & iPhone) from Windows 10:
If you don’t want your Phone to be linked with your PC then you can just unlink them from your PC and that will stop your Windows 10 from receiving notifications and others from your Phone. The following are the steps to unlink Android/iPhone Phones from Windows 10.
- Open Windows Settings using the shortcut Win Key + I.
- Click on Phone.
- Nextly, click on “Manage all devices linked with your Microsoft Account“.
- Your browser will open and will ask you to sign in with your Microsoft Account.
- You can find all your connected devices. Click on Show Details of the Phone that you wish to unlink.
- Finally, click on Manage and select “Unlink this phone“.
- Your phone will now be removed from Windows 10.
Conclusion of the Article:
Linking Phone to Windows 10 is one of the useful features of Windows that allows you to manage notifications and multimedia files of your Phone from your PC or Laptop itself. However, you may have to keep a point about personal privacy here as there are no controls available to manage the notifications showed on Windows 10. The above article takes you through the steps involved in Linking Android and iPhone to Windows 10 and also about unlinking Android and iPhones from Windows 10.
If you have any doubts, please let us know in the comments below. For more such awesome posts stay tuned to TecKangaroo.
- Article Quality
- Content Depth
- Article Efficiency
Find more interesting articles on our Homepage.