Notepad in Windows 10: It is a basic text-editing program that enables computer users to create documents. It has no format styles or tags to save the resulting files, typically saved with the .txt extension. Notepad is useful for making quick load time and processing time, especially on under-powered hardware. It supports both left-to-right and right-to-left based languages. It offers only the most basic text manipulation functions, such as finding text. Notepad support in all versions of Windows and it accepts text from windows clipboard. In this article, let us discuss the different ways to open the Notepad in Windows 10.
Different ways to open the Notepad in Windows 10:
Way 1: Open Notepad using Start menu
- Go to start menu → In the search bar → Type as Notepad.
- Then the Notepad icon is visible on the top of the start menu.
- Tap the Notepad icon once, it will be opened in your windows screen.
Way 2: Open Notepad using the Run command
- Press Windows+R to open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, type as notepad in the open bar and click OK.
- Now, the Notepad will be opened on your screen.
Way 3: Open Notepad using PowerShell
- Go to start menu → In the search bar → Type as PowerShell.
- Then the PowerShell icon is visible on the top of the start menu.
- Click the icon the PowerShell window gets open.
- In PowerShell window, type as notepad and press Enter.
- The Notepad will open on your screen.
Way 4: Create a shortcut to open Notepad
- To create a shortcut for Notepad, Right-click on your desktop, the popup menu gets open.
- In that select New option → choose Text document.
- The shortcut for Notepad has been created on your desktop.
- Double-click on the icon to open the Notepad or Else right-click on the icon and select open, the Notepad gets open.
Way 5: Create a dedicated shortcut
- Refer to this link to create a dedicated shortcut for Notepad.
The Short Summary:
In this tutorial, we have illustrated how to open Notepad in Windows 10 using different ways. Kindly share your queries/feedback in the below comment section.
Thanks for visiting TecKangaroo Keep Learning with us!!