What is WAN Miniport IP Driver and how to update them:
- WAN Miniport IP Driver is needed for the Operating System to interact with the Wi-Fi router.
- It is a software that works between the Operating System and the Wi-Fi router.
- It translates the signals to the Operating system in an appropriate manner.
- Generally, Microsoft’s generic drivers are enough for proper interaction between the WAN Miniport IP device and the Operating System.
- But if you are facing issues with the device, the below tutorial will work for Windows 10/8.1/7 to update the IP Driver.
People also search for:
How to update the WAN Miniport IP Driver:
- Log into your computer using the Administrator account.
- Open the Run dialog box using the below Keyboard Shortcut.
- Enter the following command, to open the device manager, and press enter.
- Double click and expand the Network adapters.
- Right-click the WAN Miniport (IP) Driver and click on update driver.
- Select the search automatically option.
- It will search and find the WAN Miniport IP Driver automatically as shown in the image.
If the above steps do not work, the users can go to the official site and download the respective drivers and install them.
Or the user can ensure that the windows update is properly installed so that the WAN Miniport IP Driver is installed.
We learned the simplest way to update the IP Driver in this post. We have to use the device management software for updating the WAN Miniport IP Driver. If that doesn’t work, please go to the official site to download and install the software.
Please let us know your questions and opinion in the comments below.
For more awesome posts, please stay tuned to TecKangaroo.