Wide Area Network Miniport Driver is a driver software to enable alternate network connection in Windows. What if there are issues with the WAN Miniport driver. The glitches can be resolved by updating it to the latest version. This tutorial will teach to update the WAN Miniport driver and solve the existing problems.
- WAN Miniport Network Monitor Driver is needed for the Operating System to Establish a network connection with a Monitor on the Network.
- It is software that works between the Operating System and the Network Monitor.
- It translates the signals to the Operating system in an appropriate manner.
- But if you are facing issues with the device, the below tutorial will work for Windows 10/8.1/7 to update the Network Monitor Driver.
What is a WAN Miniport driver:
WAN Miniport driver allows alternate connections in Windows XP and later including connecting to the internet using point-to-point-protocol over Ethernet and wireless networking making when connections possible. The driver identified while registering by calling certain functions that specify their entry points.
Types of WAN Miniport driver:
- NDIS WAN – It is supported by old and new versions of operating systems and it manages the data transfer to and from computers through network adaptors.
- CoNDIS WAN – Maintains functionalities for controlling WAN data but supported only by new OS versions.
To keep the internet working smoothly and fast the WAN Miniport driver should be up to date.
Manual download and update of the WAN Miniport driver take time effort and knowledge so use this technique and get an automatic updates.
People also search for:
How to update the WAN Miniport Network Monitor Driver:
- Log into your computer using the Administrator account.
- Open the Run dialog box using the below Keyboard Shortcut.
- Enter the following command, to open the device manager, and press enter.
- Double click and expand the Network adapters.
- Right-click the WAN Miniport (Network Monitor) Driver and click on update driver.
- Select the search automatically option.
- It will search and find the WAN Miniport Network Monitor Driver automatically as shown in the image.
If the above steps do not work, the users can go to the official site and download the respective drivers and install them.
Or the user can ensure that the windows update is properly installed so that the WAN Miniport Network Monitor Driver is installed.
We learned the simplest way to update the Network Monitor Driver in this post. We have to use the device management software for updating the WAN Miniport Network Monitor Driver. If that doesn’t work, please go to the official site to download and install the software.
Please let us know your questions and opinion in the comments below.
For more awesome posts, please stay tuned to TecKangaroo.