Install 32 bit Software on 64 bit Windows: This topic is quite interesting as it is always a question whether a 32-bit architecture can be used on a different architecture like a 64 bit Architecture Windows 10. 32 bit is an old technology when compared to the 64 bit. 32 bit dates back to 1990 where Intel and AMD starting using 32 bit for their computers. on the other hand, 64 bit theoretically dates back to 1960 when IBM used the 64 bit architecture on their Super Computers. Practically, it was made for Commercial purposes at the beginning of 2000 and was first introduced by Microsoft on their Windows XP Operating systems. Let us get into the article and get to know how to make a 64 bit Windows 10 to install a 32 bit software or application.
- Difference between 32 and 64 bit architecture
- Install 32 bit Apps on 64 bit Windows 10– Easy Steps
- Conclusion of the article
Main Difference between 32 bit and 64 bit Architecture:
The major difference between 32 bit and 64 bit is that their capacity to handle more data at a given time. 64 bit architecture can store more values, more memory address and increased physical memory. The virtual memory of a 32 bit system is 4GB whereas a 64 bit have as high as 16 TB. It is really a big jump. System Cache available on a 64 bit architecture is 256 Terabytes but a 32 bit has just 16 terabytes. Overall, 64 bit architecture is way better in performance and reliability and stability and tops the list.
Install 32 bit Software on 64 bit Windows 10- Easy Steps:
- Click on the Start and search for Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a Program from Programs menu of Control Panel.
- Go to Turn Windows features on or off.
- Windows features on or off dialog box will pop-up now.
- Scroll and Locate Internet Information Services(IIS) Manager.
- Enable Internet Information Services(IIS) Manager.
- Windows will download several files and update the process. Hence kindly wait till it applies all the Changes.
- Now that the Internet Information Services(IIS) Manager is enabled, go to Install 32 bit Software on 64 bit Windows and search for IIS.
- Once you locate the app, Click on that and open it.
- On the Left Pane, under the Connections, Dropdown the option as shown in the following image.
- Select Application Pools from the dropdown and then select DefaultAppPool.
- Right click on the DefaultAppPool as shown in the image below and Click on the option “Advanced Settings“.
- Advanced Settings pop-up will appear now. Under the General option, you will find “Enable 32 bit applications“.
- Dropdown the options area that is available for 32 bit applications and change it from False to True as shown in the below image.
- Finally, Click OK.
- Installing 32 Bit Software on 64 bit Windows 10 is now enabled. You can start installing your 32 bit applications now.
Conclusion of the Article:
Though this article covers the topic of using a 32 bit software on a 64 bit Windows 10, it is suggested to move to 64 bit architecture because of its Better Data handling and security. Moreover, we are in the transition period of this major change and it is a fact that we will eventually move on to 64 bit architectures. If you are running a 64 bit operating system, then a 64 bit application will be more stable than a 32 bit app.
If you have any questions, please leave us a comment. Stay tuned for more awesome posts on the latest technology.