Kodi 19 Matrix: Kodi is one the best available Open Source Media Players which is available for a number of platforms such as Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS, Rasberry Pi and other Single Board Devices. Kodi is however not new to Microsoft as it was initially designed as a Media Player for Microsoft’s Xbox under the name of XBMC. The XBMC player was later renamed to Kodi. Through Decades, Kodi being a FOSS has evolved to a much greater level and Kodi Jarvis 16, Kodi Krypton 17 and Kodi 18 Leia are to be much noted of them. In this article, we will How to Install Kodi 19 Matrix[Nightly Build] Version on Windows 10 and other platforms.
Upcoming Kodi 19 Codenamed Matrix- Introduction to Kodi:
It is been a journey of 17 years for XBMC foundation when it was first introduced as a Media player for Xbox. However, Kodi has been through a number of successful versions which includes Kodi Jarvis, Kodi Krypton and currently, it is Kodi Leia which is codenamed to honor the Start Wars Celebrity Carrie Fisher after her demise.
Current Stable Version of Kodi is Kodi 18.3 Leia where the numbers after the decimal point represent the Bug Fix Releases. However, Official Kodi confirmed the Codename after taking suggestions from users and Matrix is finalized.
Availability of Kodi 19 for Different Devices & Platforms:
As we know, Kodi is a cross-platform media player, it is available for a number of platforms and as well as for a number of devices. The Nightly Build Versions or Development Builds of Kodi 19 is also available for the following devices and platforms.
- Phones/Tablets( Android & IOS)
- Laptops/PC(Windows, Linux, macOS)
- Single-board computers(Raspberry Pi & more)
How to Install Kodi 19 Matrix[Nightly Build] on Windows 10:
- Go to the Official Kodi.
- On the top right corner, you will find “Download“. Click on that.
- Now, Scroll down and go to the Choose your Weapon section.
- Choose your Weapon as “Windows“.
- Kodi for Windows pop-up will appear now. Switch to Development Builds tab as shown in the below image.
- Under Nightly section, Choose your Installer based on your system architecture, 32 or 64-bit.
- Always choose the latest version of the Nightly Build from the list.
- Now the Download of Kodi 19 will start automatically.
- Once the download is completed, then it can be installed on Windows 10 using the usual Software installation procedure.
Windows Defender Blocking the Installation from Unknown Sources:
- As it is a Nightly Build Version, it is not from a stable channel and hence you may face the following error while installing it on Windows 10.
- All you have to do is to click on the “More Info” and you will get the option “Run Away” as shown in the below image.
- Then the usual installation procedure will go on.
- In case you have already a Stable Kodi installed, then you will be prompted with the following Warning. Choose Accordingly.
There is still a lot for time for the Stable Kodi 19 Matrix, However, if you wish to check out what really is going on the upcoming Kodi version then you may give a try using their Nightly Build Versions. There is no doubt that it is going to be one of the Best Kodi Players but for now, we recommend users to use Kodi 18 Codenamed Leia as they are the most stable Kodi Player at this given time.
If you have any doubts, please let us know in the comments below. For more such awesome posts stay tuned to TecKangaroo.
- Article Quality
- Author Rating
- Pictorial Representations
- Article Efficiency