Windows Old Restore:
Windows old restore option is available for a user to rollback to the previous version of windows within 10 days of windows upgrade. Use the following steps to roll back to the previous version of Windows quickly.
- launch settings.
- Go to update and security
- Go to recovery.
- Go back to the previous version of Windows 10.
- now click Get started.
The above given are the easy ways of rolling back to the previous version of windows after windows upgrade. There is another method of rolling back to the previous version of windows.
- Press ctrl+alt+del and sign out.
- Hold down the shift key. Continuously hold down the shift key for the following steps.
- Holding down the shift key click on the on-screen power button.
- Holding down the shift key click on restart.
- Keep holding the shift key until advanced recovery menu options appear.
- Click on troubleshoot.
- Click on advanced options.
- Now select the Go back to the previous version of windows.
This method is longer and a little difficult but this does the work nonetheless.
The users can recover personal files from Windows.Old folder. Here is how to do that:
If you do a custom upgrade of Windows, there are occasions when your old data is missing in your programs. You can recover the data from the old windows installation from the windows old folder. When windows upgrades, it leaves behind a Windows.Old folder that is an archive for the previous version of the system. It contains the previous apps, settings and the OS itself. It can be used to retrieve the previous app settings and more.
Follow the given steps to recover the files from the Windows.Old folder:
- Launch the file explorer by pressing Windows Key and E
- Go to C: drive.
- Go to the Windows.Old folder.
- Open the Users folder.
- Now open the folder with the right user name. In our case, it is Batman
- Here you will find all the folders that contain the user-specific information.
Using the above steps the user can retrieve documents, music, videos, downloaded files and all the data that was previously stored in the default location in the previous version of Windows.
Windows.Old restore for Windows 8.1:
If you have recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 from Windows 7, you can get the files from the previous version of the installation using the following steps.
- Search by swiping from the right edge of the screen. This is for touch screen devices.
- In case of Mouse, drag the pointer to the lower right corner and drag it up. This will bring up the right dialog box with the search bar.
- Enter the Computer in the search box and click on the result.
- Now go to C drive.
- Open the Windows.Old folder.
- Open the Users folder.
- Launch the folder that contains your files.
- Now you can copy paste the files and items that you want to get back.
We can not delete the Windows.Old folder in a normal way. If you want to delete the Windows.Old folder, you have to follow the given steps for deleting the Windows.Old folder. Windows.Old folder occupies precious space in the C drive that can be spent usefully otherwise. Since it is not possible to delete the Windows.Old folder in a straight forward way, we have to follow the given steps.
After performing the Restore Windows.Old, users generally want to delete the Windows.Old folder. After retrieving all the necessary files, follow the given steps to delete the Windows.Old folder.
- Press the Start Button.
- Type disk cleanup
- Select the first result.
- In the popup, click on ok.
- Now, click on clean up System files.
- In the new pop up, press ok.
- Wait for some time to Disk Clean up to finish calculating and show the files that can be deleted.
- When the disk clean up popup shows up again, check the Previous Windows Installation.
- Now click on Ok.
Performing the above steps will delete the Windows.Old folder and free up the space that was being occupied earlier. Usually the Windows.Old folder will get automatically deleted after 10 days but if the folder is still there, the users can use the given steps to delete the folder.
This is a post about Restore Windows Old where we discuss what is Windows Old folder. We can use Windows old folder to restore the previous OS data. We can also use this to Folder to revert back to the previous version of Windows if the upgrade does not suit us. This can be done in two ways, the first way is by using the Settings and the second one is by using the advanced recovery during the restart options.
Finally, we also saw how to delete the Windows.Old folder after a successful upgrade. It is done using the Disk Cleanup dialog box.
If you want to see more awesome posts on Windows and related technologies, please stay tuned to teckangaroo.com
- Article Quality - 95%95%
- Content Quality - 94%94%
- Explanation - 96%96%