Telnet windows 10:
In this post, we will see how to enable telnet windows 10. It is very easy to enable telnet in windows and please follow the below instructions to enable telnet in windows 10.
If you are new to Telnet and you do not know what is Telnet. We recommend you to go through the given explanation before enabling it. Or if you know what you are doing, and you want to quickly enable telnet on your Windows 10 PC, please skip on the next section.
What is Telnet?
Telnet is a protocol that is used to provide communication in bi-direction over a command line interface. It was originally developed by Internet Engineering Task Force. The term Telnet refers to Teletype Network. The user data is transferred over Transmission Control Protocol.
How to enable Telnet on Windows 10:
- Press the start button and type the following.
- Now press enter.
- Now in the pop-up Window, select Telnet Client
- Click Ok.
- You will see a page where Windows is applying the changes.
- After applying the changes we can see a dialog box that says, Windows completed the requested changes.
- Click on close.
- Press the start button and type cmd.
- Right click the result and select Run as Administrator.
- In the command prompt, type telnet.
- You will see a following welcome screen. It is the indication that telnet has been successfully activated in your computer.
In this post, we saw how to enable Telnet on Windows 10. This is called Telnet windows 10. Telnet is a protocl used to communivate with other servers and this featre is not enabled by default. To eabel this feature we have to enabel in programs and features.
We hope you liked the Telnet windows 10 post. If there is more, please let us know.