In this post, we are going to see Visual studio 2019 vs Visual studio code. We will show you why, which, and how to choose for your programming endeavor.
If you have narrowed down your search between Visual Studio 2019 and Visual Studio Code then you obviously need Microsoft technologies for your development process. You have come to the right place to decide what to choose.
Table of contents:
- Visual Studio 2019 vs Visual Studio Code.
- About Visual Studio 2019.
- How to Install Visual Studio 2019.
- How to Install Visual Studio Code.
- Features of Visual Studio 2019.
- Features of Visual Studio Code.
People also search for:
We know that Visual Studio 2019 and Visual studio code are are amazing code editors but we do not know which one to choose for our work and that is a common dilemma.
Here we will help you decide how and what to choose and why to choose. We will start off with how to install either of this software.
You will be able to decide what is best for you by learning how to install each one of this software, how to interact with Visual Studio 2019 and Visual Studio code, their latest features and more.
Visual Studio 2019 vs Visual Studio Code:
To understand the difference between Visual Studio and Visual studio code we need to understand their features. Let’s start with Visual studio.
- Visual studio has many downloadable and built-in templates which make starting to develop very easy
- Visual studio has many application development features that can be resource-heavy but they are absolutely necessary for professional application development.
- Visual Studio has all the features that a developer might need during his application development process.
- But sometimes a developer might not need all the features of Visual studio and therefore he might be able to settle down for Visual studio code.
In this post, of Visual studio vs Visual studio code, we will show you some features that will help you decide what to do to use.
About Visual Studio 2019:
- Visual Studio 2019 is a full-featured integrated development environment.
- There are multiple editions of it and Visual studio 2019 and community is a free edition and anyone can download it and use it today.
- Visual Studio 2019 is available for only Windows and Mac.
How to install Visual Studio 2019:
- Google search Visual studio 2019 download.
- There are three different offerings for Visual Studio: the Community, the Enterprise, and the Professional.
- The steps to install any of this software is the same so we proceed with the community edition.
- Click on free download.
- Click on the downloaded setup file.
- Now click on continue.
- Select the components you like to install.
- Click on install while downloading.
- Click on install.
- Visual studio will start installing.
- That is it and you are good to start using Visual Studio 2019.
How to install Visual Studio Code:
Visual Studio Code is the most popular developer tool in the world. This is according to the StackOverflow survey.
- Google search Visual studio code download.
- Click on the result shown in the image.
- If you are on Windows choose the options shown in the image.
- If you are on a different platform from Windows, click on the respective platform and download the setup file.
- Double click setup file.
- Follow the instructions in the setup file.
- You have installed Visual Studio code.
- Visual studio code is available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- This process is the same for all the platforms.
Features of Visual studio:
- Visual Studio 2019 has a very good search bar.
- Users can search Visual studios globally using the search bar.
- Music and search Visual studio in command, template, settings, and more.
- The user can type a new console app in the search bar and search for the app template.
- Use ctrl+shift+v to launch make clipboard and select what to paste and where.
- More refracting options to do advance code editing.
- New refractory options help in converting for each to link and link to foreach.
- Enable the code refactoring using ctrl+.
- One of the most important features is intellicode.
- This help the developer to write a program with the help of AI.
- Intellicode is so powerful that it can understand new APIs and show developers how to use all those new APIs.
- The starred suggestion is from intellicode.
- The search in the locals window will search even the data inside the properties.
- The debugging is approximately 50% faster.
- We can create code clean up profiles and assign keyboard shortcuts for them.
- Click on the configure button to select the options that we want for the current profile and save it.
- With Visual Studio 2019, we get the ability to add a solution filter which will help us load only the projects that we wish to load and not load all the projects in the solution.
Visual studio code features:
- The user interface has activity area, side-bar, status bar, editor groups, and panel.
- We can launch Visual studio code from the command line using the following command.
- Open Visual studio code in the current directory.
- We can type code in internal and press enter to launch code from anywhere.
- The above command will open code in the last project and also in the last cursor position.
- This command will open code in a fresh window.
- The user can launch a project but a certain file and also at a certain line number.
- Replace the content inside angular braces with right values.
- The following command brings up the help options.
- Command palette it is a powerful tool to search everywhere in Visual studio and in the project.
- Press control shift p to launch the command palette.
- Start typing themes.
- Select the option shown in the image.
- The user can scroll down using the down arrow and see the things and select in real time.
There are numerous more features for Visual studio code and we will be covering them in the future.
Visual Studio and Visual studio code are very powerful tools. But we need to choose the right tool for our work. We will choose Visual Studio if we have to develop complete native applications. We will choose Visual Studio code if we have to develop the Web front end. We can still choose Visual Studio code for light hybrid application development.
But if it comes to the number of features we have to choose Visual studio 2019 above Visual studio code.
For more such articles a stay tuned to TecKangaroo.