The Microsoft team announced that the latest version of Windows Terminal Preview v0.9.433.0 has been released and available for download. Windows terminal can be called as “Windows Console & Command Line Terminal“. The new version has many essential bug fixes and the inclusion of features too.
The exact tag line they used for this Windows Terminal release is,
New Windows Terminal Release Download:
You can find the latest version of Windows Terminal v0.9.433.0 on their official Github page.
The repository contains the following source code for:
- Windows Terminal
- Windows Color Tool
- Sample Projects
- Windows Console Host
- Components shared between the two projects.
How to install & run the new Windows Terminal release:
You can install the latest release using the following methods:
- Install using the Microsoft Store (recommended)
- Install using the Github Repo
- Install using the Chocolatey (unofficial)
Install Terminal using Microsoft Store:
This is the recommended installing method, Kindly follow the instructions for installing the latest release of Windows terminal.
- Open the following link, Windows Terminal Microsoft Store
- You will be redirected to the official Microsoft Store page
- Now you need to click the Get button
- You will be prompted to sign in to your account.
- Now you will be prompted to select the device
- Once you are all set, click the Install button to install the Windows Terminal Preview on your computer.
- Wait for a few seconds for the completion of the installation process.
- Once it is installed you can simply launch the application from the “Start Menu“.
Install Terminal using Github Repo:
You can download the Terminal Build packages from the official Github link.
Install Terminal using Chocolatey (unofficial):
Chocolatey is an unofficial Windows package installer. You can use the chocolatey to install the Windows Terminal Preview on your computer. Follow the below instructions,
Once you installed the chocolatey on your computer and then run the below command,
You can update to the latest version of Windows Terminal Preview using the following command,
That’s it. These are the recommended and unofficial ways to install the Windows Terminal Preview application on your computer.
Latest Windows Preview Terminal- Features:
- Now it supports command-line arguments
- The design is adopted from beloved GNU screen competitor, tmux
- You can run the Powershell commands
- You can now navigate word-by-word using narrator and NVDA.
Find more features on Windows Terminal Preview Features.
The following list of bugs have been fixed in the latest version of Windows Terminal Preview:
- Terminal Color is has been fixed
- Search box bug is now fixed
- Pop-ups have now more rounded and contrast buttons and corners
- The terminal will no longer crash while closing the application
Find more details about bugs fixes on Windows Terminal Preview Bugs Fixes.
If you have any queries about the news and then kindly leave a comment on our website.