How to install XCode on Windows:
In this post, we are going to show you how to install XCode on windows. We know that it is easy to develop applications for Linux, Android, and windows in a windows PC. Generally, it is harder to develop iOS applications in a windows computer because it requires a Mac connected to the windows computer through a network. but in this post, we are going to show you how to develop iOS applications in windows without having to have a Mac connected through the network.
We need an integrated development environment called x-code. Xcode is available only on Mac for developing applications for both Mac and IOS. Xcode is not officially available for windows but in this post, we will show you how to install Xcode for windows. please note that the following steps are applicable for Windows 10/8.1/8/8 and 7.
XCode was originally developed by Apple to make applications for iPhone, iWatch, iMac and other Apple products. The major features for XCode support for C, C++, Objective-C, Java, Ruby, Swift, carbon and Java. export 10 was announced on June 4, 2018, at Apple worldwide developer conference. XCode version 10 was announced it supports dark more with Mac OS Mojave. It has collaborations with bitbucket, GIT lab and more. XCode stopped support for building 32 bit Mac OS X and no longer supports subversion integration.
Xcode On windows:
Here we will install VirtualBox and install XCode in VirtualBox. We will start by installing VirtualBox in windows.
- Google search for VirtualBox
- Select the first link that is shown in the image.
- Click on download VirtualBox as shown in the image.
- Now click on windows host
- Download VirtualBox the download time will depend upon the internet speed.
- Double click on VirtualBox
- Click on next
- Click on next
- Click on next.
- Click on yes.
- Now click install.
- If you see a popup like this click install.
- Click on finish.
You will see a dashboard as shown in the image. now we have to install Mac OS. use the link given below to go to Mac OS download page.
After downloading the ISO please follow the given instructions.
- Press start menu and type virtual.
- Now open VirtualBox and press new.
- In the popup shown below enter the name type and version of the operating system.
- Set the amount of Ram that needs to be allocated for the virtual machine as shown in the image.
- Select VDI VirtualBox disk image Ashley hard drive file type.
- Please type the name of the new virtual hard drive file into the box below.
- Select the size of the virtual hard drive in megabytes.
- The above process has set up the VirtualBox now we can go ahead and Mount ISO.
- Click on settings
- Click on settings.
- Click on storage.
- Click on ISO file.
- Now we can follow the onscreen steps to boot the OS X and installed OS X in the Oracle VirtualBox.
- Now, launcher Safari and log in to Apple ID.
- Search for export in the search box and click on export as shown in the image.
- After completing the installation process enter the name and password and press ok.
Above is a detailed explanation of how to install Xcode on windows however there are various other ways in which a user can use XCode on windows. The following are our comprehensive list of various methods in which users can use XCode on windows. The following are ways in which we can use a virtual machine on the cloud can still use XCode code on windows.
- MacInCloud is one of the best best online solutions for Mac OS.
- It can be used for various purposes including developing applications for Mac iOS iWatch and other Apple devices.
- macincloud offers various services including XCode code xamarin corona SDK and more.
- It have plenty of data centers in America and therefore if you reside in the USA you can benefit from this service a lot.
- this is also a very good option if the user is developing on Linux but in this first, we can clearly see that this option is great for XCode on windows also.
- Mac Stadium is a very good choice for getting enterprise-level Mac for application development.
- They offer service for non-enterprice level Mac OS also.
- They have free trials that anyone can use and try the service.
in the above method, we can easily install XCode on windows but it is not a recommended way of doing it since the performance of XCode code will not be very high. To use XCode on windows the reader can actually opt for the various methods that are given in the post. But if the user is planning on using XCode for the professional development it is recommended to buy at Mac book and install XCode.
For more amazing content stay tuned to teckangaroo.com. if you have any doubts please let us know in the comments below.